How Does One Become a Mason?
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
To become a Freemason you must:
- Be a man at least 21 years of age
- Be of good moral character
- Have a personal belief in a Supreme Being
(the definition of a Supreme Being is up to you)
- Decide to become a Mason of "your own
free will and accord"
- Be loyal to your country
- Dedicated to providing for your own family
- Have a sincere determination to conduct
yourself in a manner that will earn the respect and trust of others
- Possess a desire to help others through
community service and universal benevolence
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
Follow these steps to become a member:
- Talk with someone you know who is a member
of the Fraternity
- If you do not know anyone who is a Mason,
just contact a lodge in your neighborhood
- Masons do not solicit for members. You'll need to express your personal interest in joining the Fraternity.
- You can receive an online petition for membership per E-mail from your local lodge.
- Complete a petition for membership and return
it to your local lodge with your degree fees
- Three members will meet with you to answer
- Your petition will be presented for secret
ballot. If accepted, you will be notified to appear to receive
the first of three Degrees of Masonry
TO BE ONE ASK ONE